The Doney house was constructed in the 1860’s totally of quarried stone and soft mortar. The mortar has severely deteriorated, leaving the structure somewhat less than stable. The house’s owner donated it to the State of Idaho with the provision it be moved from it’s original location to state property in Franklin’s historic district. LKV prepared construction documents for a new foundation and moved specifications for the house, which included internal and external bracing and wall supports. The house was successfully relocated.
Location: Fraklin, Idaho
Owner: State of Idaho